Monday, July 30, 2012

Meeting Christian Today

We got to meet Christian today, the child my mom and dad sponsor. It was amazing. He was the sweetest, most loving and grateful child! His teacher, mom, and sister came with him and they were all so humble and grateful. They traveled four hours to meet us. We were able to give him lots of gifts. It was really one of the most precious things I've ever been a part of. His mother told us Christian was so excited to meet us he didn't sleep the night before. He gave us lots of hugs and kisses. I told him that since my mother is his godmother that makes us "hermana y hermano"- brother and sister. That made him smile. We need to be in prayer for his sister. They told us a branch went into her eye and she needs a retina replacement. The heartbreaking part was that we didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with him and we were not ready to say goodbye. I think it is just incredible how God worked this all out, from leading my mom's heart to sponsor a child, to leading us both to go on this Honduras trip, to getting to meet him, all in the last six months. It is something that I will cherish in my heart forever. I am already praying for another opportunity to spend time with that precious family again.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: