Friday, March 18, 2011

Book Reviews

One of my New Years Resolutions was to read more. I have really enjoyed the two books I have read so far. I wanted to give a sort of a book review, in case any of you are looking for a good read! :)

"The Man Whisperer"- Rick Johnson

I heard about this book when I was in Columbia, SC. On a Worship Radio Station I listened to, they would sometimes have an "Encouragement Segment" and read a small portion of a book. I don't remember exactly what part of this book they read, but I remember liking it and thinking I should get that book. I always get books used online through DealOz. I think this book cost me $2. It was a great read on how to relate to/understand/encourage/your husband. My favorite chapter in the whole book was Chapter 7. It talks in depth about girls relationships to their dads, and how that directly plays in to the relationship women have with their spouses. I cried reading it, just so thankful for the relationship I have with my dad, and sad for those who may not have had as good of a relationship. This would be an awesome chapter for John to read if someday we happen to have a Gossett Girl. :)

"The Power of a Praying Wife"

What a great reminder of the importance to daily lift our husbands up in prayer, and an awesome guide on how to do that. This book lays out I believe 29 different areas in our husbands life that we can pray about, and demonstrates a prayer for each thing.

Both great books I would encourage anyone to read!!

1 comment:

Taylor and Meagan Ethridge said...

love love love power of a praying wife- always so convicting, too.