Sunday, February 6, 2011

Getting Crafty

Here are a few things I have been working on lately :)

The Globe Bowl

I saw this in a picture awhile back and always wanted to try it. I was at Ross and saw they had a broken globe, and I knew it would be perfect for this project! They even gave me a discount because it was broken :)

So here is my globe half....


And the inside of it....


I painted the inside with what is called "crackle" paint...it gives it an old wood finish.


I ended up hot gluing burlap around the top, and then gluing jute around that...


I am pretty excited about how it turned out!


The Empty Frame Collage.....

I saw this idea in pictures, as well. I wanted something for my hallway wall but didn't want to spend a lot of money. This was perfect and I LOVE how it turned out!!

I found some frames...all different sizes and textures..at a thrift store for $.25. I set them all out on my floor in a way that I thought would look good on the wall.


Then I painted them with some acrylic paint I had picked up at Hobby Lobby.


Ta Da!! The empty frame collage!!!



I love how it looks going down that hallway!

No comments: