Monday, January 3, 2011

The End of 2010

John and I were both a little sad to see 2010 go...it was an amazing year- the best of our lives!! Some big, big things happened...graduating from grad school..purchasing our first home...MARRIAGE!! It has been awesome! I know I personally have learned so much and am so excited about the future, and spending my life with John. I am more excited about it now than I was 6 months ago!! I am also excited about what the Lord has in store for our future. One of my goals this year is to be very intentional about my quiet time, growing in the Word, and obeying exactly what the Lord wants me to be doing. I don't want to take any of that lightly. I don't want to miss opportunities to be used by Him. Life is too short to be waisting time on things of the world- even though it is so easy to be distracted. I want to be of things of the Lord- for His glory! I want to read more and take every opportutnity to learn. One thing the Lord has been pressing my heart about lately is that I must be faithful to Him in the little things. I must obey what He is asking me to do now with a cheerful attitude, even if I don't think it is important or if I don't neccesarily want to do it. That is why I am going to try my best to be very intentional in these things.

Looking back on this year, John and I have been able to do a lot of things and travel to a lot of places! I love doing this every year---so here is our states list of 2010!

Alabama
Tennessee
Georgia
South Carolina
North Carolina
Nevada- John- National Championship
California- John- National Championship
Texas- Honeymoon
Hawaii- Honeymoon
Virginia- Liberty University!
Louisiana- LSU Game
Mississippi- LSU Game
District Of Columbia- Visiting Lindsey!
Florida- Christmas

We are so blessed...looking forward to 2011 and all the Lord has in store!

2 comments:

Emily Gossett said...

I love you, Mel!!

Hilary said...

Awesome Mel! Do you have any Lynchburg plans for the spring? I'll be here til early May and would LOVE to see you!! I'm probably going to be back in NYC for the summer. But with me in Lynchburg for the better part of the next 2 years I have a feeling our paths will cross sooner or later. :) If you get a chance email me an update on you! sutton.hilary@Gmail.com. Lots of love!!